No! We haven't developed a stutter. We aren't huge David Bowie fans either. This is a notice to inform visitors that the developer of this blog and his taste testing robot have left South Korea. And though we are sad to admit it, for the foreseeable future, we aren't coming back. Oh no! That is why this blog is so sleepy. However, if all goes to plan, it will not remain dormant. Changes are in the works to make this site far more relevant than it ever was when I was in Pyeongtaek.
Eat Korea at one time hoped to be something bigger than it was, but in its heart it was always a hyper-local reviews site for the expat community of Pyeongtaek. The coming changes will not only fully align the site with its heart, but will make it an even better resource for the expat community and even local Koreans.
There are some new tabs on the navbar that you might notice: "Public Reviews" and "Food Map." The site will always be a place for informative articles, but that will no longer be its bread and butter (or should I say bap and dwenjang?). In the hopefully near future, you will be able to write for Eat Korea in the form of Yelp-ish reviews, helping your fellow expats find great food. Testing on the reviews system just began and I hope to have something up and running by summer.
Also due to launch is an interactive guide-map to eating in Pyeongtaek. New content for the map is being written daily. And I now have a nifty map engine with lots of cool digital toys to test out. This too should be out in time for summer. I'm really excited about this one.
So stay tuned! We're not dead. Just working a lot behind the scenes.
Oh, and if you are interested in getting involved, message me on Facebook or tweet @EatKorea.
POPULAR ARTICLES
-
"I was just trying to catch a few eels to make an eel stew. Though, I suppose I won't get any, and you wouldn't like it if ...
-
Sizzling sogopchang, beef intestines Do you consider yourself a brave person when it comes to food? Well if you have the guts to eat ...
-
"Hahaha no! Haha no! Why?! I feel like this is just a night of poison. That's what I feel like." This is from Eat Korea...
-
There is no question of soju's popularity in South Korea. Jinro soju sold 61.38 million cases in 2011. It is the most consumed liquor b...
-
More than four years ago I was standing between cars on the Mugunghwa train to Suwon. Unfamiliar scenes of rice fields and communities of co...
-
Yuk'ssam Naengmyeon (육쌈냉면) is a chain restaurant with at least 35 locations throughout Korea, including one in downtown Pyeongtaek. ...
-
Koreans have a passionate love of the mountains. It is really hard to ignore. Just get on any public transportation and you're bound...
-
Shabu-Shabu is originally from Osaka. He isn't very traditional, but like his nation, he is neat and tidy and creative. More than t...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment